Bio-Oz Buckwheat & Vegetable Soup - gluten free recipe
Guten-Free, made with our Australian grown Bio-Oz Buckwheat kernels. An easy meal perfect for those cool autumn days. Thank you Linda for your creative inspiration. Make this with in-season veg, perhaps form your own veggie garden for an ultra-low food miles!
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes
- Half a cup of soaked buckwheat groats
- 5 cups of water
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 cup of diced pumpkin
- 1 cup of chopped kale
Takes 30serves 4-6
- Sauté onion in olive oil.
- Add buckwheat, tomato, carrot, pumpkin and water. Simmer for about half an hour until the vegetables are tender and the buckwheat is cooked.
- Add kale and season to taste. Simmer for a further 2 mins.
- Serve with a drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. (Can purée soup up for fussy kids who don't like to see the veggies).
Pin this recipe