Bio-Oz Buckwheat Cheesecake with Apricot Marmalade
- 250g Bio-Oz buckwheat flour
- 40g sugar
- 180g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 500g cottage cheese
- 180g sour cream
- 180g plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 30g sugar
- lemon zest
- 2tsp vanilla sugar
- Homemade / higher fruit content apricot marmalade
- Sliced red apricots for decoration (optional)
Takes 50mins - 1, serves 6.
- Put flour in a bowl and add softened butter, sugar and 1 egg yolk. Make a nice shortcrust pastry (soft but compact) and set aside in a fridge until you finish preparing the filling.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cottage cheese, sour cream and plain yogurt. Separate egg yolks and egg white and beat the egg whites then add sugar to egg whites and then mix it all into the filling mix.
- Take a round baking pan approx. 27 cm and line it with baking paper. Take the buckwheat shortcrust pastry out of the fridge and press it into the pan with hands, making a nice even base. Take a toothpick and spike the whole pastry.
- Pour the filling onto the pastry and bake it at 160 degrees Celsius for 50-60 min.
- Let the cake cool at room temperature and when cooled spread on top the apricot marmalade, add some sliced red apricots for additional colour pop and serve.
Hope you enjoy it as much as our friends :) Bon Appetit! Tadeja
PIN THIS RECIPE!