Bio-Oz flour and cauliflower Parantha (Roti) - gluten-free recipe
Thank you Honey Ahuja for this tasty recipe!
"I use buckwheat flour every day in my family’s meals. I have bought bio-oz buckwheat flour and I liked it being available in bulk and is also gluten-free for our dietary restrictions. I prepare buckwheat roti stuffed with different vegetables like boiled potatoes, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, fenugreek leaves etc. One of my light and healthy recipe for a gluten-free breakfast or lunch is Bio-OZ Buckwheat flour and cauliflower parantha" ... Honey Ahuja
All Australian ingredients
- 250 gms Bio-oz buckwheat flour
- 250-300 gms grated cauliflower
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Carom seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves (optional)
- Cut Green chilies (optional)
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter (desi ghee)
Takes serves 4.
- Add grated cauliflower and buckwheat flour with all the spices including salt, pepper, coriander, carom seeds, cumin seeds and green chillies in a big mixing bowl and make a smooth dough.
- Take a little bit of clarified butter on your hand and smooth the dough with it. Keep the dough in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Now the dough is ready to be used to make buckwheat stuffed parantha.
- Heat the pan from medium to high flame and wipe it with clarified butter.
- Make little portions from the dough and make about 8-10 circles. Use the cling wrap and place one circle on it. Roll it with the hand or rolling pin and make a round roti about 2mm thick.
- Place the rolled parantha on the hot griddle. Turn sides and batter with ghee. Cook both sides until brown.
- Serve hot with butter or yoghurt Or pickle.