Buckwheat Crackers Recipe
- 3/4 cup of Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
- 1/4 cup of Light, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon good quality rock salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds or sesame seeds (optional)
- extra olive oil for brushing
- extra salt for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees cel (arrange so the middle rack is in position)
- In a high powered blender or Thermomix combine buckwheat flour, water, oil and mix until smooth
- Add salt and sprinkle with poppy seeds and mix again
- Turn buckwheat mixture out onto silicone rolling mat greased with a little olive oil. The mixture should not be too sticky.
- Roll out dough into a large rectangle so it is about 2mm thick. You may need to halve the dough in order to get it this thin. The thinner the better as they are nice and crunchy that way.
- Turn the mat over (with the dough still stuck to it) and gently ease the rolled out dough onto your oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush with extra olive oil lightly so as not to mark the cracker and sprinkle with a little extra rock salt
- Score the dough into whichever shape you would like the cracker to end up. Sometimes I use a round cookie cutter for a biscuit the size of a rice cracker.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then take them out and break them up along the score lines. Turn crackers over to bake on other side.
- Bake on other side for another 15 minutes (if you have made them thicker you will need more cooking time) or until dark golden brown.