The Simplest and Tastiest Buckwheat Bread ever !
Thank you for another great customer recipe... "We've had so much fun experimenting with slightly different amounts of water and adding grated garlic or olives or other mushed veg."
- 2 cups Bio-Oz Buckwheat Kernels
- Fresh water - we tend to use tank or filtered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
Takes , serves 6.
- Soak Buckwheat ( at least 8 hours) overnight in plenty of water ( liquid level should be double the buckwheat level).
- Pre-heat over to 220ish when ready to bake.
- Drain Buckwheat in a sieve and rinse.
- Scoop buckwheat in a plastic jar ( if handheld blender) or blender.
- Add salt.
- Add fresh water till the level of liquid is a little above buckwheat ( you will see whether you like it a little more or less once you start experimenting).
- Blend until smooth batter ( about 30 secs).
- Add bicarb soda and Blend 5 seconds.
- Line cake tin with baking paper.
- Pour batter in the tin.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Test with a dry knife as depending on your oven may need more time. Also depends on whether you like your bread moist or dry and crisp-crusted.
- Note that the bread keeps hardening out of the oven while hot!.
pin this Recipe