Bio-Oz Raspberry, Coconut and Banana Cake
- 2 ¼ cups Bio-Oz Emmer wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups bananas, mashed (approx 8 bananas)
- 1 ¼ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup desiccated coconut + 1 tbsp to sprinkle on top
Takes , serves 4.
- Preheat oven 180 °C. Grease a 7cm deep, 10 x 20cm loaf pan.
- Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar.
- Make a well and add oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine well and then stir in mashed banana.
- Stir in raspberries and coconut.
- Pour into prepared pan, smoothing the surface.
- Sprinkle a little coconut over the top and bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Note: Depending on your oven, you may need to cover the cake with foil to keep it from going too dark towards the end of the cooking.